At last night’s Board meeting we learned that the completion date for our new premises in the CBD has been moved from the start of Term 1 2019 to 22nd March 2019.
We are obviously deeply disappointed with this news, and are seeking clarification from the MoE on the following points
- how this delay occurred
- what the impact(s) of this is likely to be on the school in 2019
- what can be done to lessen the impact of this on the day to day operation of the school in 2019
In terms of progress on the build, the MOE reports:
- The construction of the new four storey Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery school commenced on 25th October 2017.
- Leighs Construction have been working hard to complete the underpinning of the neighbouring McHargs building, removing the overhead power cables and installing three hundred and seventy six CFA piles. This has all been completed prior to Christmas
- In January 2018 the foundations for the building will begin to be installed which will allow the precast panels and structural steel can be erected.
- Students from the Discovery Campus met the construction team on site to arrange for a time-lapse camera to be installed to record the works as the progress out of the ground.
The MOE will continue to provide updates for each BOT meeting and we will continue to feed these through to you.