How to Enrol at Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery
Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery is a designated character school established under Section 156 of the Education Act 1989. The students who are eligible for enrolment are those whose parents accept the designated character of the school as set out in the New Zealand Education Gazette notice of 4 April 2013.
Our Enrolment Process
- To enrol at Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery you first need to make the time to come on a tour of our school.
- Tours run at 10.30am on Tuesdays at our Discovery campus (Y1-6) and on Thursdays at our Unlimited campus (Y7-13).
- Please contact email@example.com or call 021 80 17 18 to arrange a tour and find the next available tour date.
- You can register your interest online at any time, however, we require all applicants to have attended a tour. You can register your interest by completing this form
- After your tour, we will contact you to invite you in for an interview when places become available. For Y1-6, the child and parent/s will be asked to attend the school over 3 days.
- We interview both the parents and students to establish your suitability to work in our special character environment. For Y1-6, Learning Advisors will be consulted, regarding the “fit” of the child based on the 3-day visit.
- We currently have no available spaces at either the Discovery Campus or the Unlimited Campus for 2017
- We have completed our 2018 enrolment process for the Unlimited Campus (Y7-13). We are now FULL at all year levels for 2018
- We will review our roll for 2018 for Years 1-6 in 2018 (at the Discovery Campus) at the start of Term 4. Due to strong interest we are likely to run a ballot for all enrolments for years 1-6 in 2018 as per our enrolment scheme. We will update all families that have registered their interest / completed a tour / completed an interview with more information regarding this process during Term 4.
- Please note that we do not and cannot run a “waiting list” (ie taking the next student from the top of the list). Registering your interest / completing a tour / completing an interview does not guarantee a place for your child at Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery. Offers will only be made once we have reviewed our roll, advertised for spaces and where necessary, run a ballot of all of those who have completed our full enrolment process.
- If you wish to be considered for any spaces that may arise for 2018, you must
- attend a tour (see dates below)
- register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- we will contact you should we have a need to run an additional round of enrolments.
- In general, we review our roll on a termly basis
TOURS Years 1-6, DISCOVERY CAMPUS – Tuesdays 10.30am
- 17 October 2017
- 31 October 2017
- 14 November 2017
- 28 November 2017
TOURS Years 7-13, UNLIMITED CAMPUS – Thursdays 10.30am
- 23 November 2017
- 7 December 2017
- Please email email@example.com to book a tour, or call 021 80 17 18.