Hey sorry everyone that I’ve not been keeping up with these this term!
So this term….
1. has been marked by lots of sickness – chicken pox has especially made it’s mark. A huge thank you to families for respecting our guidelines around when children can come back to school. We have noticed the various bugs have an ongoing effect on the children’s energy and coping skills. Lots of extra hugs have been needed.
Hopefully next term the children will have less illness.
2. Trips – we have had many trips in each HB this term – Library, Willowbank, Museum, Parks… Thank you to all our families who have supported this important part of our special character. A huge thanks also to staff for all the behind the scene organising that goes on to ensure trips run smoothly.
3. Lucky HB Kiwi had Suze join the team, much to my delight and relief. Suze compliments the skills already present in the junior school and brings her own special energy to the job. I already cannot work out how I did the job last term without her.
4. La Decouverte grew by two students this term and welcomed Aurelia, a student teacher who will be with us until October. Aurelia often volunteers in HB Kiwi on a Monday and Tuesday when she is free.
5. Renee – HB Fancy Chicken have had the pleasure of hosting an exceptional student teacher for seven weeks. Renee brought enthusiasm and a wide range of skills to share. She was super willing to learn from every opportunity. We will really miss her!
5. Matariki was a highlight yet again. Such a wonderful evening with fun activities and delicious food. It truly is a reflection of our school’s community. It was particularly awesome to see so many people from our other campus this year.
6. IEMs are fast approaching. They are on the 6th and 7th of July. Please ensure you have made a booking via the website.
7. Fruit – we continue to enjoy sharing fruit in the morning. Please remember to provide a piece of fruit once a week.
8. COL – we have a timetable change to enable Melva and myself to attend COLs as we have Fridays off site. So COLs are Wednesdays at 9.10am. We have a three weekly cycle for COLs – HB, community and campus. This week (9), is a campus COL in the wharenui.
That’s all for now,