Kia ora koutou
I hope you’ve had a fantastic holiday and are feeling as excited as I am about the year ahead at Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery.
The Deputy Directors have each written a short notice that may make it slightly easier for you to navigate the first couple of weeks of the school year.
You can read them at the links below
- Y1-6 message from Niki: http://aotawhiti.school.nz/2019-information-for-year-1-6-students-and-whanau/
- Y7-10 message from Ian: http://aotawhiti.school.nz/2019-information-for-year-7-10-students-and-whanau/
- Y11-13 message from Duncan: http://aotawhiti.school.nz/2019-year-11-13-information/
IEMs – Thursday 31/1/19 and Friday 1/2/19
Please note that all students start their year with an IEM on either Thursday 31 January or Friday 1 February. These meetings are essential as they allow yourself, your child and your child’s learning advisor to develop a plan for the first term and beyond. If you are yet to book a meeting you can do so by visiting the following links
- Year 1-6 http://aotawhiti.school.nz/iem-booking-discovery-campus/
- Year 7-13 http://aotawhiti.school.nz/book-a-meeting-unlimited-campus/
At your meeting you will have time to ask any questions that you may have. Please note that your child’s HBLA should be your first point of contact throughout the year.
The staff are back at school next Monday-Wednesday working hard on making sure that everything is ready to go for the year, so feel free to send them an email. You can find their details on the school website’s staff contacts page.
Finally, if you’re struggling with where you’ll find your child’s HBLA for your IEM at the Unlimited Campus, click here for a list of the LAs and the rooms the LAs will be located for their IEMs. You can always pop into the office and ask at reception
We’re all really looking forward to catching up with our existing students and families, as well as meeting those of you new to the Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery community.
Ngā mihi nui
Steven Mustor – Director