Ao Tawhiti students have been given this once in a life time opportunity to be part of a two large murals to be painted on buildings close to our school.
All you need to do is come up with a slogan. That is it. The two winning slogans will be turned into a mural by students from Yoobee and painted on the buildings. Winning slogans will receive $250!!!
So not only will you have your work on the side of a building you will also get some cash!! How easy can it be?
Any student can enter this competition but entries close next week.
Please send your entry to email@example.com by Wednesday 25th September.
Here is the brief in short see attachments for more information:
- Work with central city school students to identify two short phrases of words reflecting a theme or value of the area. Competitions could be run by the schools. Cash prize of $250 for each winning words/phrase.
- Work with tertiary design students to develop winning phrases in to murals. Competition would be run by institutes, but winners would be chosen by a panel including the building owners. Cash prize of $500 for each winning mural design.
- Winning design students to work with a professional artist to execute design on the walls.
The Murals must:
Be fun, vibrant and engaging;
Reflect a theme or value of the area;
To align with the intended human experience of the South Frame
• Work at two distances:
- Be visible and dynamic from the street edges
- Be inviting at close quarters
To help support visitation.