Kia ora whanau,
I hope you have had a lovely break and are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things tomorrow. Please read the below notices for the term.
1. As the weather cools down and it gets wetter please ensure your child has appropriate footwear and clothing for the term. You may wish to consider sending your child with slippers for inside wear as their shoes often get muddy after playing on the field. It’s also a great idea to send in a change of clothes in case your child slips over in the wet or has a toileting mishap. Please also provide a bag for wet/dirty clothes to return home.
2. For the first week of term 2 HB Hawk will have Sally White supporting Libby as Gina has extended leave.
3. HB Hawk has their camp soon – 30th May-1st June.
4. HB Kiwi are joining some of our Unlimited students on a Marae trip to Rapaki on Tuesday in week 2. Please look out for extra information really soon!
5. Parent help – As always we are very keen for as many parents/caregivers as possible to join us in supporting the childrens learning. You can do this in a myriad of ways – workshops, listening to a child read, supporting with maths games, planning trips, fundraising, filing books, sharpening pencils…the list goes on. Just ask your LA if you are unsure how you can contribute.
6. Food – please ensure your child has sufficient healthy food for a school day. If you choose to send your child to school with something to be heated or a toastie, could you please support us by reminding your child to place their dishes in the dishwasher and to clean up after themselves. Thanks.
7. PINs is 13-15th June this term and will be the afternoons only. This time PINs will have a Matariki focus and will culminate with our awesome Matariki celebration on Friday evening. More information about PINs will come out soon.
8. This term we have Child Led Workshops (CLW) on Friday afternoons. Children offer to lead workshops and others book in for them. The children absolutely love these. Please chat to your child about what they might like to offer as a workshop at some time this term. It is often helpful/necessary that they have parental support for some of their ideas.
9. End of term – It seems strange to be talking about this already however there is a bit of a change to the end of the term which you need to be aware of. Our School Cluster has organised a Teacher Only day (TOD) for the last Friday of the term – 6th July. School will be CLOSED for instruction on this day. This means that Individual Education Meetings (IEMs) will run on Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th of July. School is open for supervision only on those days. The majority of children stay home these days and only come in with their parents for their IEMs.
Sorry that was such a long list! See you tomorrow,