The Trust Licence system (for Year 7 and above) allows students to access the city without an adult and take advantage of the resources that exist on our doorstep. We believe that learning happens everywhere and the Trust Licence allows our students to place their learning in the most appropriate setting.
The Trust Licence is available to students who…
- are Year 7 and above.
- have demonstrated; maturity, trust and responsibility inside and outside of the Ao Tawhiti building.
- have demonstrated “City Smarts”
- have signed the Trust Licence agreement.
- have parents who support, and have signed, the Trust Licence agreement.
- have an agreement that has been approved by their Community LAs.
- have attended and graduated from a Trust Licence class. (Year 7 – Age 14)
All students must follow these simple guidelines:
- Always walk in pairs, and try not to take up the whole footpath. Use single file when there is construction or road signs.
- Don’t wander all over the footpath. Keep to the left on the pavement. This gives the general public space to walk.
- Give way to other people.
- Keep eyes up. Watch out for doorways and driveways. Be aware of cars and foot traffic. Stay safe.
- Make good choices when talking to strangers.
- Use appropriate language.
- Choose your route wisely.
- Always use pedestrian crossings and traffic lights to cross roads.
- Thank people for giving their time.
- Be polite.
- Lime Scooters will not be used during the hours of school.
- If using a skateboard, bike or scooter as transport, please do so respectfully.
(This form is also for Bringing your own Device and our Community Agreement)