The health and wellbeing of our children, staff and community is a top priority.
We’re sending this letter as there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our community. The student was last at Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery on February 23rd, 2022. We are no longer required to contact trace under Phase 3.
The student and the family are now isolating for ten days. We are following Ministry of Education advice which specifies there is no need for other students to self isolate.
What you need to do
- You and your whānau should watch for symptoms
- If any develop, get tested immediately
- Then stay at home until you receive the result
- Encourage and support your child to wear a mask at school
- If your whānau hasn’t been vaccinated, please do so as soon as possible. You can book on-line at bookmyvaccine.nz or by calling 0800 28 29 26. It’s free.
- Below is a chart that shows you what you need to do
What we’re doing
- Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery will stay open
- We have appropriate public health measures and cleaning procedures in place
- We will continue asking students and staff to wear masks
Symptoms of COVID-19
- A new or worsening cough
- Sneezing and runny nose
- A fever
- Temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Less common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, malaise, chest pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, or confusion/irritability.
For more information, go to https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/about-covid-19/covid-19-symptoms/
Please don’t contact your Home Base Learning Advisor if you have any questions related to Covid. Instead please contact Covid@aotawhiti.school.nz if you have any questions.
Noho ora mai
Ao Tawhiti Unlimited Discovery