August 11, 2022
Kia ora koutou
Welcome to week three of term three. I wanted to take the opportunity to update you on our Covid numbers, new support for our senior students working towards gaining NCEA qualifications this year and remind you of upcoming events in our school calendar.
The government has announced a support package for senior students working towards gaining an NCEA qualification in 2022. This support package has been developed to acknowledge the impact Covid isolation and illness (both staff and students) has had on students’ access to full time educational programs this year.
Please contact Brent Silby (Principal’s Nominee for NZQA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or your child’s Home Base Learning Advisor if you have any questions.
The changes are as follows:
1. In 2022, students will be entitled to 1 Learning Recognition Credit (LRC) for every 5 credits earned through assessment, up to a maximum of: 10 for Level 1, 8 for Level 2, 8 for Level 3
2. To receive a Certificate Endorsement, students will need 46 credits at Merit or Excellence level, instead of the usual 50.
3. To be awarded University Entrance, students will need 14 credits in each of two UE Approved Subjects, and 12 credits in a third UE Approved Subject (they will also need to attain NCEA Level 3 and meet the regular literacy and numeracy requirements).
4. The submission dates for some externally assessed portfolios have also been moved back one week – this provides some relief but avoids overlap with end of year examinations. This will apply to the following subjects:
- Technology (NCEA Levels 1-3 and NZ Scholarship)
- Design and Visual Communication (NCEA Levels 1-3 and NZ Scholarship)
- Education for Sustainability (NCEA Level 3)
- Dance (NZ Scholarship)
- Music (NZ Scholarship)
- Health and Physical Education (NZ Scholarship)
The dates for Art folios are not changing.
Thank you for your support in protecting our school community.
We have very low case numbers in our student body so far this term. Since we returned to school on the 25th of July we have had 13 students and 3 staff test positive.
If your child does test positive then please email us at email@example.com. This helps to support our health and safety decision making.
School Calendar for the remainder of 2022
Below are the dates for Public Holidays, Term Dates, IEMs and Staff Only Days for the remainder of 2022.
|Monday 22 August||NCEA professional learning day. Students in Years 9 – 13 will learn at home on this day as the Learning Advisors who teach NCEA will be off site. Online learning will be provided for students on this day. |
School is open for year 8 and younger.
|Thursday 1 September||Staff Only Day – School is closed for instruction|
|Friday 2 September||Staff Only Day – School is closed for instruction|
|Thursday 29 September||Last day of timetabled classes for term three|
|Friday 30 September||IEMs – supervision is available for students in Years 1 – 6 if needed|
|Monday 17 October||IEMs – supervision is available for students in Years 1 – 6 if needed|
|Tuesday 18 October||Term Four normal timetabled classes begin for term four|
|Monday 24 October||Labour Day – Public Holiday|
|Friday 4 November||Last day for students in Years 11, 12 and 13 (NZQA exams start on Monday 7 November)|
Graduation at The Piano If your child is graduating then please get them to fill in this link.Graduation 2022
|Friday 11 November||Show Day – Public Holiday|
|Thursday 15 December||Last day of school for 2022|
Ngā mihi nui